Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Blue Devils Take Down WHAC Opponent Concordia-Ann Arbor 18-7

Blue Devils Take Down WHAC Opponent Concordia-Ann Arbor 18-7

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – After a tight first quarter, the (RV) Lawrence Technological University men's lacrosse team took control of their game against Concordia University-Ann Arbor, beating the Cardinals 18-7 on Saturday afternoon. Seven Blue Devils added to final score and 10 of the 18 goals were assisted, adding to the team win.

Two Blue Devils (5-4, 2-1) grabbed five points. Jacob Flood grabbed five goals whiles Justin Light grabbed three goals and two assists. Right behind these two was Dylan Couture with two goals and two assists. Three goalies made an appearance in cage, with Joel Trent grabbing the win with six saves. Wyatt Nedbal led the team defensively with three caused turnovers while Nik Kubik grabbed 12 ground balls of the face off and went 15-25 in the center.

The Blue Devils nearly doubled their ground ball pick up versus the Cardinals (2-5, 0-3), grabbing 44 to the CUAA 23. They also outshot them 67-24 and limited their turnovers to 17, compared to the 31 of Concordia.


The game started off scoreless for nearly the five minutes of the first quarter until the Cardinals squeaked one past Trent. However, The Blue Devils went on to score three goals in a little over two minutes as a response. While Concordia scored again, LTU repeatedly had a response. The teams went to the sideline close with a 4-3 game entering the second quarter.

Light started off the quarter with a quick goal fed by Brendan Oles, followed moments later by Couture ripping one past the Cardinal keeper. Again, CUAA responded with a goal to narrow their deficit by two. However, the Blue Devils took off, scoring three unanswered goals and moving into the third 9-4.

The second half of the game saw a dominate Lawrence Tech only allowing three more goals from the home team. In the third period, the Blue Devils notched four goals, including two to open the period and two to end it.

In the fourth, Brendan Mullins opened the quarter with a quick goal, pushing their lead to 14-6. Then Damian Hudson added a goal from a Maveric Muscat assist across the crease. Flood went on to score the last three goals of the game for the Blue Devils, back to back, before Concordia got one last goal in, ending the game with a Lawrence Tech win 18-7.

From here, Lawrence Tech looks onward to play the University of Michigan-Dearborn (1-6, 1-2) at their home facility held at Farmington Hills Harrison on Wednesday, April 3rd at 5 p.m. The Wolverines of Dearborn are fresh off a 24-9 loss from the hands of Indiana Tech and a narrow 14-12 loss by Taylor University (Ind.).